1 Orange Cake Mix plus ingredients to make
Orange Curd (store bought or homemade)
Orange Buttercream Frosting (recipe below)
Cake toppings: Sweetened Dried Oranges or fresh orange slices, mint leaves, sprinkles, cake toppers, etc..
1. Prepare Orange Curd if using home-made.
2. Prepare cake mix according to box instructions. Bake in two 8-9 inch cake pans for 25-30 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing. Let cakes cool completely before decorating.
3. Prepare frosting.
4. To assemble cakes, trim tops if necessary to form a level top.
5. Place 1st cake layer on platter or lazy susan and place parchment paper under the cake edges to keep the platter clean.
6. Add a few scoops of orange curd on top of the 1st layer. Spread gently to the edge but not over the edge.
7. Add buttercream on top of the curd, spread gently to keep as much curd on the cake layer as possible.
8. Add next cake layer and repeat curd and frosting layers.
9. To decorate the cake, add frosting to your decorating bag and us the large open tip to pipe icing around the cake.
10. Cut Sweetened Dried Orange slices in half and place in between the frosting on top of the cake.
11. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
12. Add a cake topper if desired. Serve and enjoy!